HDMI cables are highly useful accessories, allowing you to connect up everything in your home entertainment system. But which devices and components can they be used with? The following are a few of the most common uses for HDMI cables:
• HDTVs, LCD TVs and 3D TVs. Provided you use the very latest specification, HDMI 1.4 cables, you will be able to enjoy the latest TV technology in your very own living room.
• DVD players, Blu-ray players and games consoles. Using HDMI cables, you can connect these devices to your TV or even an HD projector.
• Sound systems. HDMI cables are able to support a whole range of superior audio streams, from Dolby Digital to DTS-HD Master Audio.
• HD projectors. Whether viewing a slideshow of holiday snaps or putting on a presentation, HDMI cables help you to get the highest quality display.
• Portable devices such as smartphones, digital cameras, HD camcorders, laptops and tablet computers. If you make sure you buy HDMI cables with the right connectors (Type C or Type D), you will be able to enjoy HDMI connectivity on the go.
All you really have to do is to look for the official HDMI logo on the devices you want to connect, as well as looking for HDMI ports on the back of the device.